.

c o n t e m p l a t i o n s a n d i n s p i r a t i o n s o f a n a r t i s a n j e w e l r y d e s i g n e r

Monday, July 12, 2010

Tibetan Silver



Any one who knows me and my jewelry knows how much I love Tibetan silver.  The skill and craftsmanship that go into each piece, using age old techniques passed across the generations, is truly something to be treasured. 


Unfortunately, not only is the skill being lost as the younger generation is less interested, it is being copied and knocked-off using machines and stamping techniques that mimic the look but cannot replicate it.  The real deal pieces are exquisite and collectible.  When I get some of them, I make them available to my customers.  Right now I still have a few bracelets available online.  Some day these won't be available anymore.  Meanwhile, you can own one for yourself and enjoy the artisanship and design of these hand-made wonders.

No comments: